- Receive supposedly-urgent weekend calls from lonely client /wish her dead.
- Kill yourself trying to figure out how to get said annoying client quoted in AdAge.
- Ask yourself over-and-over if you could possibly stomach working on the sales side.
- Instruct Media Supervisors to write “please reply with ideas that have never been done before” on every RFP, even though you understand how silly it is to do so.
- Explain to junior media planners appropriate holiday party etiquette, e.g., “don’t make-out with married colleagues / don’t throw up near or on a senior partner (even if they’re throwing up too).”
- Strategically leverage sad-faced emoticons when informing publisher reps by email that they did not make the big buy.
- Work nights and weekends on new business pitches that your firm has no chance of winning.
- Very strong sense-of-self, herculean patience, ability to take shit like nobody’s business.
- Final and permanent acceptance that you will never finish (start) your novel or open your own bakery.