Role: Strategic Client Manager will develop paid-advertising relationships with region’s top marketers despite Social Media Site’s reluctance to allow advertising on its property.
- Prepare and deliver sales presentations that conflate the scale of social media with tangible value to the marketer (alternatively, assume both that the value of social media is self-evident and that clients are stupid if they don’t necessarily agree).
- Selectively ignore clients’ unreasonable requests for “accountability” and “insights.”
- Stare in wonder as clients explain there is “no available budget” for social, while they still somehow manage to find tens-of-millions of dollars for print.
- Willingly delude self that Social is more important than Search to achieving marketers’ short-term marketing/sales goals (i.e., the only ones that matter in the current economic environment).
- Nod thoughtfully and feign comprehension while agency personnel mention DSP’s and RTB.
- Presume non-existent level of friendship with female marketing executives/hug after meeting despite body language indicating you should absolutely do otherwise.
- Express great incredulity/use “F-word” when your manager asks why clients haven’t g0tten back to you yet.
- Mitigate disdain of engineering colleagues by admitting upfront that they are way smarter than you are.
- Low-ball quarterly revenue forecasts.
- Keep mouth shut at company-wide all-hands meetings.
- B.A. or B.S. from a not-completely-embarrassing college.
- Ability to consume massive quantities of alcohol without sharing your true feelings toward those around you.
- 5+ years experience selling another interactive media product that we will, as part of our sales process, ridicule incessantly.